This kit is designed to remove the roll pin without any damage to the ignition housing or the roll pin. After reinserting the ignition, simply reinsert the roll pin.
Due to the increasing frequency of these ignitions failing this kit was put together to allow the locksmith to remove the ignition roll pin on most Honda and Acura models without drilling or any damage. Our kit is unique in that it grabs the outside of the roll pin compressing its diameter allowing the roll pin to easily be removed and reused after the ignition repair has been completed.
- Using the application chart (shown below), identify vehicle as having a Type 1 or Type 2 ignition housing.
- If Type 2, use the included pointed center punch to back out the ignition headless bolts if necessary.
- Using the supplied awl/ice pick, insert the tip into the end of the roll pin and gently move it side to side in all directions. Use ice pick to center the roll pin within the hole.
- Using 2 of the 3 color-coded thumb screws, attach the fixture to the front of the ignition housing. Use spacing washers if necessary.
- Insert the Black Tee thumb screw into the 1/4-20 tapped hole and snug it up against the ignition cylinder.
- Insert a short tube into the brass thumb screw and LIGHTLY snug in place using the set screw. Insert the long tube through the outer tube so that the flared tip is on the threaded end of the screw.
- Insert the brass thumb screw assembly into the threaded hole seating the flared tip over the top of the roll pin. Verify the flared end is seated over the roll pin by trying to move the tip side to side.
- Thread the brass thumb screw 1-2 full rotations, then lightly tap the back end of the tube inwards to ensure it’s fully seated over the roll pin.
- Continue turning the brass thumb screw assembly until it comes to a definite stop. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
- Tighten the set screw ONE FULL ROTATION ONLY.
- Loosen the Black 1/4-20 Tee thumb screw.
- Unthread the brass thumb screw assembly with roll pin now attached.
- If Type 1, be sure to use the ice pick to lift the steering lock tail piece during cylinder removal.
Compatible withe the Following:
- 1998 – 2012 Honda Accord
- 2001 – 2011 Honda Civic
- 2010 – 2012 Honda Crosstour
- 2002 – 2014 Honda CR-V
- 2011 – 2015 Honda CR-Z
- 2003 – 2011 Honda Element
- 2007 – 2014 Honda Fit
- 2000 – 2006 Honda Insight
- 2010 – 2014 Honda Insight
- 1999 – 2013 Honda Odyssey
- 2003 – 2015 Honda Pilot
- 1997 – 2001 Honda Prelude
- 2006 – 2014 Honda Ridgeline
- 2000 – 2009 Honda S2000.
- 1997 – 2003 Acura CL
- 2001 – 2013 Acura MDX
- 2007 – 2012 Acura RDX
- 2002 – 2006 Acura RSX
- 1999 – 2013 Acura TL
- 2004 – 2014 Acura TSX